Pages

11.28.2012

Mid-Week Ramblings {Photography}

It's Wednesday already! 
Boy how time flies. 

Today I'm going to go practically wordless - is that possible for me?!? - and just do a photo post of the custom order I was working on last week and this weekend.
I'm so happy that the photos and the day finally cooperated!
For me, I don't feel proud of what I do until I can see it through the lens for what it really is. The camera won't lie to me. Just as every fault will become obvious, so will every perfect stitch, and every little detail. It's my way of truly evaluating what I've accomplished, through another perspective. And my way of chasing doubts away - I have to believe in what I do. If I can't make how I feel about the item come across in how I photograph it, then it isn't good enough. There are things in our shop even now, that I can't stand, simply because the photography is not what it could be. Or because it's an item from years ago, and part of it is not up to our current standards, or our customers' expectations. And I want to see that change. I only bother to renew the ones that I know I can adjust to my satisfaction. And others....well, I just give them to my sisters, and listen to their hushed voices as they discuss what is wrong with me, for giving them something so special for no apparent reason. When they've come to a satisfactory conclusion (they crack me up with some of their ideas!) the fights about who gets to use it first begin, haha.

So, like I was saying (back at the beginning), I took photos of the custom order. I couldn't be happier with them! The best part of the photo shoot was that there were snowflakes falling softly all around me - not enough to be caught on camera, but enough to not mind the temperature so much. That, and an impromptu pine cone photo shoot.
Don't even wonder. 
You'll just get too concerned about me, and then confused, and then scared. 
Just ask Elisa. She'll tell it like it is. 
She's a tough one, that Elisa gal. I suppose that's why we've been friends for so long - she can handle me. 
=)

Now, that was practically wordless.
For me, anyway. 
Now for the pics. 
=D

 

 So then, Friday?
See ya then!

God Bless You,
- Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment