Pages

11.01.2012

Birthdays

Are beautiful things. 
They bring fresh new faces to the world, new friends, new sons and daughters, new brothers and sisters, new minds, new curiosities, new views, new joys, new laughter, and new smiles to all those around. 
I think that is precisely why God created them. For the gifts that they bring that first day, and the fact that the new Gift(s) just keep on giving. 
More smiles. More laughter. More joy. More sibling relationships. More Mom, Dad, and child relationships. More curious minds. More friends.

I know there are siblings out there who are thinking if the flip side. As with everything, there is a dark side. But today I just want to relish the bright side.

My birthday happened recently. 
It was really just a normal day. Nothing special.
If that's how I want to look at it.
But I don't. 
It was another miracle. 
I've lived 17 blessed years on this earth.

Believe it or not, I'm a bit of a thinker. And on my birthdays, I like to mentally make a balance sheet. My time here on one side; what I've done worth remembering or noting on the other side. 
The easy way of doing this is to say, "I grew. I didn't die. And I got less dumb." Not smart, mind ya, just less dumb. I've been attached to that phrase for some time. =)
But to look deeper, what did I really do, what do I really remember, what was really worth my time?

Since I plan to keep this post light and cheery, I'd better not start my 'thinking out loud (on paper)' routine. 

You'll thank me now
. . .
You're welcome =) 


I usually celebrate my birthday in a joint party with my little sister, Ladybug, since hers is not far from mine. With my brother Hunter having had surgery yesterday, and a long recovery ahead of him, we don't know when that will be. So I woke up not expecting a thing. 
I was pleasantly surprised. 
I received three gifts, one from an adult friend, one from Lizzy, and one from Elisa. 
Elisa bought me a vintage camera necklace. She knew that I recently discovered such wonders on Etsy, and had fallen in love. Only once did I suspect she might have gotten me something like that, but I never thought it was the necklace. Element of total surprise = perfect 17th birthday gift. 
She got herself a vintage butterfly necklace from the same seller.
And when we took photos together during the long, awful day of yesterday, we both wore our necklaces ♥.
 Of course, Elisa took these, since my camera is broken. Aren't they lovely photos?
Aren't they gorgeous?
Doesn't my best friend give perfect gifts?
Aren't you jealous of my best friend?
You should be.

Lizzy gave me a thoughtful card with a word cloud on the front, full of the different words that describe me. I was not surprised to see "CRAZY" in that cloud. I still smile every time I think of it. =)

My adult friend gave me chocolates, a card, and a card and envelope set. The chocolates are long gone. 
=(

Enough on my birthday. Moving on to another one. A better one. A more beautiful one. And the belated gift that went along with it.


I welcome y'all to 
Robyn's Birthday Shoot
Which might have been a teensy weensy bit belated. {rolls eyes at own exaggeration}  

Yes, our Robyn. Our friend, seamstress buddy, and longtime beauty (hehe, she hates it when I say stuff like that) is all right here, right now.
My favorites (and my best) 
~ 


I love every single one of them! Which ones are your favorites?



I feel so discombobulated today. I have no idea if my post is jumpy, or rough. It's just how my mind is flowing. I'll fix it sometime when not as much is going on. I'll try to update y'all on my brother soon. But like I said, I want to keep this light and cheery. And surgery isn't exactly along those lines. So another time, another post. If you have questions that can't wait, just ask them. I'll be sure to answer. 

No longer 16, and no longer the youngest (at first glance) of our group,
Paige

=D

* I would like to thank Robyn for letting me use her camera halfway through the shoot, as I accidentally dropped mine on the concrete stairs, breaking it past hope of recovery anytime soon. *

No comments:

Post a Comment