Pages

11.03.2012

Personal And Business Life Mix

As in, this post is going to contain both of those elements. 

First and foremost, and update on my little brother, Hunter.


Elisa told y'all that Hunter's surgery went well. In fact, it went surprisingly well. It has been the recovery process that hasn't gone so well.
Between pain meds not working out for the first 24 hours, so many different drugs, the chaos of it all, being hungry, and just plain exhaustion, he has had a rather rough time of it. Due to a whole bunch of these things being combined in many different ways, he has been a day behind on the recovery plan. Thankfully though, the PICU team were able to resolve his pain management issues halfway through the day Thursday. He finally got to sleep solidly - causing him to snore mightily. Or at least this is what I have been told. 
My sisters and I wanted to go visit him Thursday, but he wasn't up to having any visitors. Friday he felt much better, and went public with his willingness to see peoples. Of course, of course. The day that I overslept, had to work all afternoon, and had a costume party to attend in the evening. He couldn't have planned it better if he wanted to make my day difficult. Just like he used to do. =) I chatted with Mommers about it, and she encouraged me to see him Saturday, and to go to the costume party instead of visiting that evening when my sisters did.
That was alright with me. 
I wouldn't want him to think I was too eager to see him again.
After all, I have an image to uphold. 
He got up and walked around twice yesterday. His pain is under control. He's eating. He's staying awake. He's getting grumpy. He's being 'stupid' online. He's annoying me over the internet.
He's back.
The little Tigger guy I used to use as a punching bag. The one that I could always subdue, so long as I was taller. The one who always got under my skin. The one who I would torture mercilessly, and when caught, I could make myself appear faultless, and him a monster (which he was, haha). The one who never shuts up, or sits still. The one who always has WAY too much energy. The one who leaves dirty dishes all over the house in the strangest places. The one who never cleans his room, and gets away with it (at least more than the rest of us do).
The one who, on my birthday every year, willingly does everything he can for me, and then some. The one who I can always count on for a laugh. The one who is constantly foolish enough to try to outwit me, and constantly fails. The one who loves me bunches and isn't too afraid to show it to me. The one who is, in retrospect, quite a great brother to have. Even if he is obsessed with electronics and video games and food, like an average teenage guy...
he is my only little brother this side of Heaven, and I love him very much.
I might even miss having him around to argue with.
Might.



Yuck
Enough Mush.
Must be the stress of the week; I hate showing emotion. And yet I willingly wrote all that out....



 Now, for the hot chocolate. Brb.
Thanks to all those who are bringing us meals and other gifts out of love. We finally have hot chocolate again thanks to some of you! =)

Elisa left her camera with me for the day, so now for the business part.
I've got a lot of listings to take new photos of, and several new items to photograph. 
For instance, I think our apron set (currently needing to be renewed) could use a cute holiday baking photo shoot. 
And we need to give you guys a cuteness overload by sharing sneak peek photos of socks.

We got the last pair of shoes we needed for our fall line (as far as photos are concerned. Technically, we still need another one of those, since the same shoes will be featured in two outfits. Soon). That would seem to indicate that we're close to being done, and that I could photograph the 2nd outfit that I said was finished, wouldn't it?
Well, I thought it was finished. But it needs a jacket, and a necklace. =)
Other than the socks, I haven't had a moment to sew this week. Way too much going on. 

Looking forward to bringing you new listing photography, sneak peeks, and new listings....soon. 
=D

But if I'm to do any of that, I'd better hop to it!


Sorry we missed yesterday!

- Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment