Pages

8.19.2012

Bad Blogger - Yep, That's Me!

Oh my.
I have been such a bad blogger this week.
Sigh.

Not that I'm trying to make excuses or anything {rolls eyes}, but I HAVE been sick. 
Today I can finally start to think coherently.

I didn't think you wanted to read blog posts about the woes of allergies, post nasal drip, phlegmy coughs, short attention spans, the inability to think straight, almost passing out at work, and purple polka dotted monkeys laying eggs on a bicycle.
Aren't you glad I saved you from all of that?
Even if it deprived you from my pure awesomeness and wit?
Even if it stopped me from properly photographing the Phoenix Dress?
Even if it meant that I didn't share something delicious, or new photos?
And even if it meant that I have to save a surprise for a little while longer?
. . .
Nah, you didn't really miss out on all of that. Once I realized that I was sick on the way back from camp, I already mentally canceled all those things. But you did miss all the lovely stuff I described above....about woes and monkeys.
I feel sorry for you.
Really I do.
How many people do you know who have gone through a week of being sick and were blessed enough to spot a purple polka dotted monkey? 
You missed out, and for that I am ever so sorry.

You can tell I'm feeling better, just by reading my arrogant post. Isn't it great to be yourself? I'm so glad I'm back to 'normal'. Or close to it, anyways.


Despite all the negatives this week (and I struggle to see past those, most of the time), I did manage to find little bits of sunshine.
For instance, I found 
7
baby watermelon in our garden on Monday.
Today, there are more, and one of them has gotten fist sized already! From thumb to fist in almost a whole week is wicked awesome, in my ever so humble opinion!!!
And there are more of them, too. =)
We harvested some tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and broccoli.
I started working on a simple but cheerful outfit for our 14" crowd.
I finished planning our fall line, and drew them out.
I made piles of fabric to go with each outfit.
I just ordered two new patterns to use.
I am feeling better.
The sun is shining.
Ice cream.

No, that wasn't in order.

Right now I'm on the wrong computer to upload pics of camp, or of the garden, so I'll save those for my week.

Elisa is up next blogging, and I hope that she will put me to shame by her posting consistency. (Since I am technically blogging during her week by blogging today, I skipped my week entirely....naughty me. I did plan to blog though; I was sicker than I thought).

I've missed you guys!

OH, one other thing - when we opened our Etsy shop back up, we updated our policies. We might make a few more changes to them before Christmas time, too. Just be aware that if you thought you knew our policies, you might want to check again. =) Especially before ordering.
While I'm forgetting things, I suppose that I should avoid forgetting about my lunch, again. It's almost suppertime, and my sandwich is lonely. =(

Thanks for your attention - I didn't do so well. Too many squirrels.

~Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment