Pages

8.22.2012

Prayer

Haha YES!!!!! Paige only got to one blog post last week. That means I won't feel so bad if I only get to one...not that I'm planning on that of course ;)

Two jobs sure does make your life hectic...yep that's my excuse. I'm also sick, but I think that excuse sounds better...

OH! I just wanted to let you guys in on a little secret...wait for it...this might surprise you a little...I'm not the most organized person in the world!!
Yep I know, I shocked all of you...even Paige {yes I can see her rolling her eyes, maybe holding onto her sides cause they hurt so much from laughing at me...she does that ya know}

My post is going to be short and sweet today {just like me :D}

Prayer
It's a super powerful thing.
Sometimes you may not even realize how powerful prayer is.
I didn't.
 
Has anyone ever felt like God may not care about the small things in your life? Like your day to day activities?
Well I have.
 
At camp two weeks ago {man time flies...literally...just throw a clock out the window...yes I know super bad joke, but hey it's me...I'm friends with Paige, what else can you expect? lol} my counselor told me that if I just wanted to see God in my life to be very specific in my prayers. I liked that. It reminded me of Gideon in the Bible.
 
So what to be specific with God about? I couldn't think of anything for a week.
Then this past Sunday happened...
 
Every year my youth group goes to Great Escape (for those that don't know, it's an amusement park owned by Six Flags). It's sort of like an end of the summer activity. To some of you it may not seem like that big of a deal. It is to me though. I look forward to it every year. My cousins come down, and we just have alot of fun hanging out.
 
My best friend tells me Sunday that he can't make it...instant stomach ache. I could see he was not happy about it either. He was looking forward to it just as much as I was. He told me it was practically impossible for him to go.
Well I knew that God worked with the impossible, so I told him that I would pray about it, and pray I did.
 
 
Now did God care about my little youth activity? Surely not...it's not that big of a deal. Maybe it's too selfish of a prayer anyways...
These were the thoughts that were going through my head as I prayed.
 
Well then a story about George Muller came into my head. It's the one about the little girl who came to him and asked for him to pray with her about a present she wanted. She wanted rainbow, colored yarn. Mr. Muller prayed with her, and the next day she got exactly what she wanted.
 
Still...could I?
 
I then went down on my knees and begged God to please show me that He does care about my little, every day life. Please let my friend be able to go. Please show me that you are listening to me.
Then I wanted to get a little more specific. Could God answer my request that day?
I hesitantly asked Him if He could please give me an answer that day. Then I also said that if it couldn't happen it would still be okay.
 
 
Two hours later, my friend texted me and said he could go.
 
wow
 
Yeah it's not that big of a prayer...it's just an amusement park.
Yet, it showed me that God is listening to me. He does care about the small prayers. He does care about my youth activities and my every day life.
 
 
 
It's the same with you. God does listen to every prayer. Here are His answers:
  • Yes
  • Yes but you need to be patient for it
  • No
 
The answer may not always be what you want. However, His answer is the very best.
If we could know what God's will was for our life, for every single day, we would want it also.
 
My favorite verse:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that l♥ve God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
 
Keep praying and believing!
 
Have a great week and God bless!!
~Elisa
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. It was really encouraging to read. I'm super glad the Lord answered your prayer. I know he has answered so many of my prayers in the past. Both big and small. Even though I'm going through a difficult time right now and it seems like none of my prayers are getting through I won't give up, because I know He is hearing them and one day He might just slip a Yes to my requests! :)

    ReplyDelete