Pages

5.30.2012

A Shelter in the Time of Storm

The Lord is my Rock, in Him I hide; a Shelter in the time of the storm.

Yesterday, New York was drenched by a very powerful storm. 

When the trees are bending in half and the sky turns green, you know it's a good storm!

And that's what we had.

I hope that things get better fast so that I can release the beginning of our Summer Line this week, as I promised. However, I hope that you will understand if I have to push it off a little longer. :'(


We were so blessed. So very blessed. God protected us through it all. Even when one of our trees fell, and the sky was turning greener, and hail was 'rocking' our world (hehe, I have to have fun with everything, don't I?), God held us in His hands. Everyone is safe. But I thought you might like to see a couple of pics of everything.


Yup. That's the tree. And yeah, it is kind of ruining half of my garden.
However, I didn't have any plants in it yet. :)


This is the view from the other side of the tree, looking from the edge of the trunk, upwards, toward the top of the soil, grass, and roots that have been exposed.



 Standing on the tree trunk, looking down and over the top of the ground that was ripped out. It's a rather big hole!


I just thought this shot was super cool. With the everything so exposed, you can really see "in depth" (Haha!) what it is like, underground. Pretty neat, if you ask me.


 This was a post that I made on Facebook yesterday, and pretty much sums it all up:
Just a quick praise (or two, or three) -

During the storm today (I was at work, so I only just learned this a short while ago) 1 of our trees and 2 of our elderly neighbor's trees were uprooted and thrown down near our house and our neighbor's house.
The praise is that while 2 trees hit our neighbor's front porch and took out her power lines, etc, she is safe and sound. We were also able to go over and help her out.

Next, the tree that was uprooted in our yard...is NOT the one that we thought was a threat (sort of scary, right?) but was nonetheless a tree that we were going to take out in the next year or so so that the garden could get full sun. So praise God that it didn't hit the house, that we didn't have to pay to take it down (just to have it removed), and that God let me feel too crummy to transplant our garden outside yesterday. All of my hard work is safe and sound inside, and not crushed under the tree.

I'm just so thankful to see Him working so clearly in such little things as protecting my garden, and in such big things as in protecting our home, and our neighbor's home!!!

~ ~ ~
Ephesians 5:20
"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;"


Thanks for stopping by!!!

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment