Pages

5.18.2012

Photography Friday

This past week, I decided to try something new. Something I've thought about for awhile, but have never actually tried to start.


My plan is simple: take a picture for every day. At least one. Every day. The point? First, to capture a memory of every day. Second, to force me to look at normal, everyday life, and find something beautiful in everything; or remind myself of all the important little things that I take for granted every single day. I have also personally challenged myself to take shots from unique angles.


I want to invite you to join me. Take a picture of something everyday. Find the beauty in everything. Share it with friends and family. 

I've been taking multiple pictures everyday since Tuesday the 8th, and posting one of my favorites from the day to my Facebook, entitling them "Picture of the Day" and sometimes giving a short description.

Try it . 
It's addicting . =D 

In the future, I will show you before and after photos, tell you where I edit my pictures, and what "formula" I used, so that you can have your own version of your favorite photos of mine. 

Picture of the Day, 5/08/12



 My first attempt at being grateful for rain - I ♥ how the water forms into such pretty droplets on our day lilies.


Picture of the Day, 5/09/12








I normally find rain so dreary and anti-motivational. After taking this picture, I now know that I can never look at rain the same way again.










Thursday was a little different. Mom and Dad went out to buy milk and brought home McDonald's fries and milkshakes (and the milk). That was a pretty special treat for us, so I made it my picture for the day.

Picture of the Day, 5/10/12

Picture of the Day, 5/11/12
Friday was pretty creative. I have had mixed reviews from other people on this one, because if you look at it without your creative juices warmed up, it's just a "picture of my feet". However, with those juices turned on high, it is easy to see that it is my (rather pretty) way of saying that I took a walk in the early morning, and loved it. A plain path would not have said that. A photo of me actually walking does. (Ps. I'm not the first blogger to take a picture like this. I actually got the idea from one of my favorite blogger moms. And she basically had the same message. But she didn't take her picture the same way.)



Picture of the Day, 5/12/12




It's so easy to take grass for granted, and even to complain when it's time to mow, once again. Yet without grass, we'd be living in a desert; lacking our usual colorful, lush, vibrant landscape.




Picture of the Day, 5/13/12







My Mom's Mother's Day breakfast. What says "I Love You!" better than chocolate and strawberries?






My first time doing self-portraits was Mother's Day afternoon....this is just one of them, and my current profile picture. ♥


Picture of the Day 5/14/12

Picture of the Day 5/15/12





A very short while ago I did a photo shoot with my brother. While he was doing something random, I saw this flower. I kinda sorta shrieked, and kinda sorta danced, and kinda sorta scared him. Then I took this picture. :)








Picture of the Day 5/16/12





Just a celebration of sunny skies and fluffy clouds...since we keep getting rain, rain, and more rain.









Picture of the Day 5/17/12





Vibrant Flower











Picture of the Day 5/18/12






              Black and white pansies ♥









***I do not put watermarks on my personal images, and I do not block people from pinning them or stealing them from our blog. 

I want to trust you. Please don't hurt me by taking what does not belong to you. I use the honor system - I trust you to do nothing with/to my pictures that you do not have permission to do. 

If you like my pictures and want to pin them, that's fine! But if you want to take my pictures and feature them someplace else, please e-mail me about it first, and please don't claim them as your own.


Our e-mail is dolzdreamzzz@yahoo.com .***


No comments:

Post a Comment