Pages

5.19.2012

Addy Is Back!

Did you all miss Addy this week? I most certainly did! 

The plan was to have her guest blog again on Thursday of this past week. As you know, that didn't happen. So I decided to make it up to her.

But before I show you what I did to make it up to her, I'll share with you the conversation that brought it all about. :)
A conversation between Addy and myself -


"Paige, did I do something wrong?" Addy asked me, crossing her arms and frowning.

I looked up from studying my history. "No, Adelaide. Why would you think that?"

Addy sighed. "First, please don't call me Adelaide in public, ok? Adelaide sounds so old, and mature - yuck!" Here she made a face. Then she glared at me, "Second, you canned me."

I had a feeling that I was completely in the dark about what Addy was thinking. I had no idea what to say, so I said, "I canned you? What do you mean, I 'canned' you? You don't look canned to me!"

Addy rolled her eyes. "YOU KNOW. You don't want me blogging anymore. You canceled my series. I was a hit, and you don't want me? What did I do wrong? Why did you - "

"OH, ADDY!" I interrupted her, suddenly understanding,  "Good grief! I didn't 'can' you, and I haven't canceled your series. I've just been too swamped with end of the school year work to be able to do anything extra - "

"EXTRA!?! You think I'm an EXTRA? Who models clothes for you? Who made Tasty Thursday a success?" Addy screeched.

I noticed that my jaw was on the floor. I took my time picking it up; hoping to regroup myself and begin to think clearly before I had to answer her. "Well," I drawled, "I wasn't meaning you, now was I? I said I haven't had time to do ANYTHING extra. Blog posts included. The only reason why I was able to post this week was because I made the posts during Elisa's week - so all I had to do was finish them and post. I didn't work on a Tasty Thursday with you last week, so I didn't have time to do it this week. Because I hadn't planned it, it became an extra. And I just did not have time. I'm sorry Addy."

Addy hung her head, and a tear splattered on the floor. "I guess maybe I judged you unfairly. I have a hard time remembering that humans and dolls are so different - and schedules is one of those differences. I understand now, and I'm sorry."

As she turned to leave, I had an idea. "Hey, wait just a minute," I said slowly. "I might just know how to fix both our problems."

Addy's face lit up. "Really? I didn't know that you had a problem too?"

I grinned. "I actually have two problems. My blogging week has been slow because of not being able to prep very much last week. You were a hit last time. I need you back." I smiled as I watched Addy tilt her head a little higher and stand a little straighter. Then I continued, "My other problem is this history. I'm studying about important dead people - what important things they did, when they did it, and how they did it. Right here it talks about the time that President Lincoln picked his nose in public...just kidding! It doesn't actually say that. But I'm sick of studying, and I was just looking for an excuse to stop. I was getting worried because I wasn't thirsty, and didn't need to go to the bathroom. Want to help me sew something?"

Addy clapped her hands. "Yes! I would love to. I have the perfect idea...."



                                              ***                       ***                       ***


 And today's brand spankin' new listing in our Etsy Shop is the result of my solution to our problems!!!



A few pictures that are not included in the listing are,





 the main ties tied in the back, 






 and a close up (sort of) of the hot mats.










Addy kind of flipped out. It suddenly struck her that she now has her own line of clothes - Addy's Baking Accessory Sets for the Awesome 18" Crowd. She's still trying to talk me into making her brand official. 
She's got a lot of talking to do yet.

I told her that she would need to consider expanding her line very quickly into the 14" crowd. She had no problem with it. OF COURSE she didn't! All she does is boss me around, telling me what fabric to use, yelling at me to rip out any seams that she doesn't like (and making me redo the very same seam 5 minutes later because she changes her mind again), and modeling for the listing. 
I'm not quite so quick to make it a whole line, and expand right away because that means a lot of work for me. And I am REALLY busy right now.
But we'll see, won't we?





On a side note...

I have made many aprons before for my sisters, but never any quite like this. This is a new pattern for me. 
I've also never made hot mats.
There's a first time for everything, right?

Well guess what? This specific apron and hot mat set is my first, and my last with these fabrics (to list to sell). That makes it OOAK. So when it's gone, it's really gone.

However, I do have other fabrics set aside to make other baking sets. Whenever I have a few hours free to sew, and don't have any other pressing projects, I'll bang out another set and list it in our shop. :)



Thank-you for reading my week!

I'll see you all back here Memorial Day weekend!!!


~Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment