Pages

5.22.2012

It's Tea Time!

Howdy y'all!

Sorry that I didn't blog about anything yesterday or Sunday.
How has everyone been? I've been pretty great. How was your weekend? Mine was fantastic!!!

Our church for Mother's Day this year threw a tea party for all the girls and ladies at the church. The best part was the guys had to all serve us...hehe :D  It was great fun to see all the youth group guys that I'm friends with serve us.

Friday evening Paige and I helped some of the ladies decorate for it. The fellowship hall turned out great.

I thought I would share some of the things we did and then show some pictures of the decorations and food.

Paige and I got there and after we picked our seats we started taking pictures of everyone. The women were still getting everything ready and the guys in their nice white collared shirts were trying not to look nervous for what was to come lol.
When everyone was settled the men came over to us and asked us what kind of tea we would like to have.


I don't know about you but Red Raspberry is my absolute favorite.





We ate a delicious salad, made by Paige's grandma, while our tea was steeping.




After salad we were able to go and get little finger sandwiches. Sadly I do not have pictures of those.
The sandwiches were filled with chicken, ham, or tuna salad. I had the tuna salad....delicious!




While people were eating we visited and talked and laughed. My friend's little sister was doing silly antics at the table making us all smile and laugh.

Then it was dessert time..yum!

Saturday morning Paige and I decorated cupcakes. I think they came out looking awesome:
Flower Marshmallow Cupcakes


My friend's mom also made some:

So cute!



After desserts we played some games. The first one was to draw a teapot on a paper plate which was located on top of your head. You may have played a similar game at a baby shower.
The next game was Guess That Drink. My mom, who was the host, would give a clue such as "cow's make it". Then we would call out the name of the drink. The person who called out the correct answer first would get a point.
I tied this game with another girl and was able to grab a prize:

Then we had devotion time. Using the verses Ecclesiastes 3:1-8,11a the devotion was about how there is a time for everything. Even though we do not know why there is a time for death, a time to kill, to break down, etc...we can know that God will make "every thing beautiful in His time"

The Ladies Springtime Tea was a great success and a lot of fun. I can't wait for what next year's tea has in store. I hope you all enjoyed reading about it. Here's some pictures of the decorations:
We are truly blessed with what God has for us :D















"He hath made every thing beautiful in His time." Ecclesiastes 3:11. This was our theme verse for the tea.

 Each person was supposed to bring their own favorite tea cup







 The room and tables were covered with beautiful flowers.


Feel free to comment or ask a question.
Remember to smile today :D
~Elisa








No comments:

Post a Comment