Pages

5.23.2012

Comfort in Trials

Today's been a hard day for me. My cat died that we've had for around 12 years. I know he's just a cat, but he was a part of the family. He will definitely be missed.
Tiger


I don't know what any of you have been going through. Perhaps you are going through something like this with the lost of a pet. Perhaps you have lost a l♥ved one. You might be going through something completely different.

Today I just want to offer words of encouragement. I want to share with you why I know that everything will turn out okay.

Last week Paige announced that we are Christians. I'm just going to give my small testimony and then some words of encouragement. I hope you read through this all and then maybe share it with someone who may need it.

I was saved when I was 7 years old. I had gotten in trouble and realized that I needed someone who was perfect to save me from hell. Though I don't remember all the details, I do remember going to the living room and kneeling at my couch with my mom. As she guided me through it I gave my life to Jesus. I'm going to Heaven!!!!! It still makes me tear up a little bit to be reminded how God saved me...little me.

From then on I knew that I had Someone on my side. Through every storm and heartache, through all the tears and laughter, through the sunshine and through the rain, God has been there. He's given me peace when I've needed peace. He's brought a smile to my face and brought joy to my heart♥

When I'm lonely or scared, I go to God's Word, the Bible. I just want to share some of those verses with you.

Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth His l♥ve toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

God l♥ved us first! He created us.1He l♥ved us so much that He sent His only Son to die for us, so that we may go to heaven(John3:16).
That's just absolutely incredible to me.

Romans 8:15 "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear: butt ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

When we ask Jesus to come into our heart, we are now a child of God. God adopted us. He gave us to have an opportunity to always have a Father. We now have someone that we may cry, "Abba, Father" to!
Abba means "Daddy"

There are just so many verse I could share I don't know how to continue. Romans is a wonderful book to read when you need comfort. It's just a great reminder of how God saved us and how He l♥ves us. I encourage everyone to read it. Also it has the road to salvation in it, which I will be explaining in a future blog.

My personal favorite that I remind myself of all the time:
Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that l♥ve God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

I l♥ve this verse for two reasons:
  1. It reminds me that no matter how bad it gets, everything will work out for good.
  2. It also reminds me that God has a certain purpose for my life. I am called to His purpose. My life has meaning in it.
Last but definitely not lease:
Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the l♥ve of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Absolutely nothing that Satan throws at us will be able to separate us from the l♥ve of our Father, our Creator! No sin you have ever done will make God stop l♥ving you. 1st John 1: 9 says that if we confess our sins He will forgive us and cleanse us. There isn't a maybe He'll forgive us. He will forgive us. He will continue to l♥ve us.

Never forget what Jesus did for you.
He l♥ves you!

If you need a friend or need someone to pray for you, please feel free to comment of contact us dolzdreamzzz@yahoo.com or message us on facebook

I hope you take comfort in these verses.
~Elisa


*All verses are in the King James Version*

No comments:

Post a Comment