Pages

5.12.2012

The Last Dream...

It's been fun with y'all. I'm going to miss writing, but now it's Paige's turn. I hope you enjoyed this week, and that you enjoy next as well.


Today is the last dream of mine. It's the biggest dream I've had all week.
Well what is it you ask? It's to be a teacher. A teacher? Yep, a teacher.

I had a great kindergarten teacher, and I wanted to be just like her. Well, I didn't know what grade I wanted to teach then; I just knew I had to be a teacher.  I was 5 years old and could change my mind as I got older. As I got older though the urge to teach grew instead of left. When I was in 9th grade I realized what grade I wanted to teach....5th grade or the highest grade that the school that I'll teach at has for elementary, which could be 6th grade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why do I want to teach?

Have you ever had the opportunity to make someone younger then you smile? How did that make you feel to see someone younger than you smile and then start to look up to you? To count on you?
It makes me feel needed and responsible.


I have had the opportunity to teach a class at my church on Wednesday nights. It's been amazing. To have kids from age 5 to age 12 respect you and need you and l♥ve you as their teacher is priceless. To see their faces light up in a smile or understand what you taught it just makes u want to smile and cherish those smiles

A friend told me just the other day to be a teacher that people l♥ve not hate. That's the dream I have...to have the class that kids can't wait to be in....to be the teacher everyone l♥ves...to have the class with more smiles than frowns.

Most of all I want to teach so I can change people's lives. I want to be the one who they can count on to give good advice or be there for you when the road gets tough.








Have you ever had a dream like that? A dream worth having? A dream that can change kids lives?

I hope you enjoyed all the blogs this week.
Feel free to comment!

~Elisa


No comments:

Post a Comment