Pages

5.11.2012

Spring changing into Summer...Simple Activities

So I have to say the Avengers was pretty sweet!













My favorite character would have to the Black Widow or Captain America.


















Now that I told you who's my favorite, it's time now to move onto other things.




It's that time of year where there's green grass, fresh air, blue skies, and sunshine. Guess what though, that's outside and school is currently inside. Yes, it's the time of year where students are impatient and stressed. Finals are coming up and the thought of staying indoors, catching up on homework or studying for tests, doesn't appeal to anyone. Just hang in there though. Summer is on it's way here! :D

Now when summer arrives some of you may be struggling with what to do and how to keep active. Unless you do sports in the summer, sports are now over. I know I struggle with staying fit when soccer season and track season are over.

So today I'm going to give you some fun activities...even if they are very simple to think about doing.

1st one:
If you don't have time or aren't very keen on exercising then start by taking a walk....yes a walk. Either find a path or street near you or drive to one. Across my street there are the woods with trails. If I don't feel like being all that active, but I know should be, then I just walk across the street and take a walk. If you are quiet enough you can watch the chipmunks scurrying around or hear the birds singing, sometimes you can see deer running along. This can also be a start to a photography hobby. Take a camera with you, experiment with different shots. Try to sneak up on a bird, or rabbit, or chipmunk. Maybe you can even get pictures of a deer.

2nd one:
Bike riding....it's simple. You can take it slow at first. You could ride around your neighborhood or down a short street. Then you can take it up a notch and go on bike trails. If you want to go further with it, ride your bike to the store or places that you need to get to instead of driving.

3rd one:
Trac Ball...some of you may not know what that is but here's a picture to show you:
You use arm muscles to throw it and catch and leg muscles to run and get it. It definitely gets your blood pumping. It's not an overly complicated activity to do, and anyone can do it. I play with my sisters all the time, and I've played with my parents, granddad, and even my little brother, who is 1, has a blast playing it. It also makes a great activity for my youth group.
You could also throw a football or a frisbee.












Last but certainly not least:
Rollerblading/skating or running...now I'm not much of a runner, so I tried out rollerblading. It helps strengthen those ankles and other leg muscles without having to run. I got a pair of roller blades for my last birthday and now all my sisters are asking for them...even my brother tried to use them lol.


Well I hope they gave you ideas. They are just practical everyday outside activities that can help you stay in shape and stay healthy throughout the summer.
Closer to summer Paige or I will come out with even more creative ideas that you can try outdoors.

Enjoy the outside!

                                    ~Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment