Pages

9.26.2012

Moments

Moments pass by by the second.
Most go by un-noted.
Few are saved for ever. 

That's how I feel about pictures - moments of life, frozen in time, to exist forever after, so long as the data exists. 
Which is part of what drives me to take pictures, and to take them as beautifully as I can manage, for the sake of remembering my life, and others' lives around me as something beautiful and precious. 

Maybe it's overly simplistic, but I want to remember the details that aren't going to store themselves away in my brain. Like the bike rides I take back and forth from work - the puddles, the wind, the sun, the rain, the leaves, the creatures, and the last flowers.

The flower above is actually a very normal yellow flower, in a wooden barrel. A barrel overflowing with these flowers. But it looks so much more beautiful than I originally thought, when photographed like this.
This is what I love to do.

 Instead of looking at the long line of traffic I have to bike past and the puddle that would spray all over my backside as negatives, I chose to confirm peoples' suspicions of me. I got off my bike, took pictures of flowers, danced around the puddle, laid down on the ground to take puddle pictures, and finally squatted, took this picture, and started singing a little song about puddles.
Yep, you guessed it. I got a lot of stares. And a couple of amused smiles. 
Maybe there are crazy kindred spirits left in the world, after all. 
That would make my day.
=D

LOVE the colors the leaves are starting to turn! I am blessed to have such a beautiful birthday season!

I stopped because a car was pulling out in front of me from a restaurant...and I noticed the mirror this huge (normally ugly) pothole made when filled with rainwater. 
The sky was naturally very blue, but I enhanced it slightly because it's how I felt it looked...if that makes any sense.

Car sales lots aren't very attractive. But their weed flowers are! lol. 
There is something to simplistic and sunny about wildflowers that makes them among my very favorite.

So far this week has been busy, and I don't foresee it getting any slower. But it's a good kind of busy - the kind where everything that not only needs to be done but also that maybe wants to be done, is getting done.
And that hasn't necessarily happened lately. 
It's nice, for a change.

♥ Paige ♥

1 comment:

  1. awe... great job capturing the rose amongst the thorns in life!: ) that is what makes photography such a wonderful joy!! :) I love the leaves especially! :)

    ReplyDelete