Pages

6.16.2012

Simply Saturday

It's Saturday! Simply Saturday. A gorgeous day, a true gift and blessing of God. With sunny skies and fluffy white clouds, I don't think today could get much better ♥.


I'm going to attempt to do today what I didn't do yesterday.
Such as actually blogging about the things I promised in my preview of the week, on Monday.

First up, Etsy Announcements!
  • Etsy was down this morning, making changes to the site. It's officially back up, as of a short while ago, and you can go back to your Etsy shopping anytime you please!
  • A change that Etsy made, NOT a part of this morning's site maintenance, was to add a SHOP about section. I spent time working with Elisa this morning, filling that out. I think the new section is gorgeous to work with, and I hope y'all like how we did it. Check it out!
  • Another change we made in our shop was to finally update the Rapunzel set's photos. We had taken the proper photos about a week or so ago, and kept forgetting to update. But now it's ready! 
  • Also, I'm considering putting our shop "on vacation" for a day sometime next month, just so that we can update our policies, overhaul a listing or two, and freshen up a bit. We will let you know through our blog, Facebook page, and Shop Announcements when that day will be. But this is your "big" heads up. :)



After all that "heavy" stuff, I think I should post something fun. Don't you?
At the beginning of the week, I posted a picture of an adorable, comfy, soft teddy-bear wearing earbuds, and posing for a picture. I think it's about time I explained. ;)

The bear is Elisa's, given to her by a friend, and the picture and story come from our most recent sleepover. While Elisa was writing a message to a friend, her oldest younger sister and I decided to play a prank. =D I ♥ pranks!

Elisa loves that bear. So do I. I want one....sigh......wait, where was I? Oh yes. The prank. 
 =)
 Since Elisa was distracted, and we couldn't start the movie without her, her sister and I decided to "fool around" with Elisa's bear, and after we had caused Elisa to completely ignore us because of our "immaturity" then we'd hide him. And not bring him back out. 

The plan was to wait until Elisa had looked everywhere and started to freak out before I told her. But she'd had a really stressful day, and I took pity on her. Just before we turned the lights out, I told her her bear's "final resting place". She did sorta get mad. SO... I would have to say it was a successful prank. 

I based it off from a camp prank the girls in her cabin at camp played last year - Where's Oliver? They took their counselor's favorite stuffed pig, Oliver, and took him all over camp, taking pictures of all of Oliver's stops along the way. And finally, they took their counselor's clothes and put them in the rafters....and I think they might have left a ransom note or something or other. I'm not certain on the details, but I thought it was pretty good. =)

We were in the camper for the night, so there weren't many options...but we made do. I decided to make Mr. Bear look like he was just chillin' out everywhere, so I gave him my ear buds. I think he was grateful. 
Chllaxin' in the shower

On the stove

In the cupboard

In the fridge - hey, look, and old soda!

Unfortunately, in order to keep Elisa from noticing, I did not get a picture of his "final resting place" - the oven! Hahaha.....




And remember these pictures?



 Well, I have been planning what to turn them into in my spare time - and I think I have it down for certain! I won't be able to touch them for a few weeks, but in the meantime, I have been working on finding possible accessories. The things I have already found, and anything more I find will be added to this board on pinterest. Not everything on there will be for the fabrics above...some pins may be for other projects coming up.
Feel free to browse through and get an idea of what we're gonna do!



Now. I think I'll wrap up this post, get dressed, eat breakfast (HA, it's already 1PM....typical me =) ) and try to finish chores and sewing projects while memorizing Bible verses that I'm either overdue with, or about to have due. Wish me luck! =)


Random Facts

I ADORE Randy Travis's gospel songs - these are my absolute faves to hear over, and over, and over, and over, and...over.
Just a Closer Walk With Thee
Here I Am to Worship
Sweet By and By
Farther Along



Growing up, my favorite color was purple, but now I pretty much am some 70's rainbow hippi-woman. lol. I can't pick a favorite.


Due to overuse of the shortened version of picture, pic, I can't spell pick when I mean PICK anymore. I always leave the 'k' off. :/


My listens while writing this:
Johnny Be Good
Great Balls of Fire, Jerry Lee Lewis
Good Golly Miss Molly, Little Richard
Splish Splash, Little Richard
Tutti Frutti, Little Richard
Hey Hey Hey, Little Richard
Cabin Fever, The Muppets
Movin' Right Along, The Muppets
Can You Picture That?, The Electric Mayhem
The Monster in the Mirror, Sesame Street
Andy Griffith & the Darlings - Banjo Song, Andy Griffith
Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast
I Have Confidence, Sound of Music
Sixteen Going on Seventeen, Sound of Music
You Two, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chu Chi Face, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang


And of course, the entire time, I have 3 little sisters dancing and shouting out more requests. =) Makes for a good Saturday. ♥


God bless you in the next week!
~Paige

1 comment:

  1. Love your new easy page Elisa and Paige. You needed some big pics of you. :)

    Miss K

    ReplyDelete