Pages

6.20.2012

Schtuff

Schtuff.
Pronounced  -  SHTUFF.
Meaning - stuff.

Not a new word for me, but maybe it is for you. It's not in the dictionary. I already checked. But that's ok. I have an official-looking license fro the government giving me the authority and power necessary to invent and coin my own words and phrases.
. . .
No, of course I don't really. You shouldn't be so gullible around me!

Oh, that's right. You thought I was Elisa. My bad.

Due to what is going on in her life right now, she is not up to blogging. I don't really feel up to it either, but I offered to take over until she is able to do her week again. That could be tomorrow, or it could be the first week in July, or it could be even later.

So that is why you are stuck with me!
. . .

I know. I know. Didn't you just hear from me? I'm sorry about that. Trust me, I'm sick of you too....JK. I love y'all!

My Motto for the rest of the week? Write very little, but say a lot.
Not very likely for me. But I'm trying.


Tomorrow
is
the
1st
day
of
SUMMER
!!!
(officially)
=D


It's been hot out. Sticky. Icky. Suffocating.
Typical summer weather.
I l♥ve it!

However, I don't love that I have a week and a half of school left to my year. I really can't wait to be done.
D
O
N
E
(period)

Sometimes I can't help but stare at my massive pile of schoolbooks and start to cry. 
And other times, I look at them and rejoice - next Friday (or Saturday) they are gonna leave my room and never come back!
I don't look forward to meeting my new 'buddies' this fall. 
Summer break is way too short.
Especially when there are 6 weeks with VBS (one to prepare ours, another to have it, and the entire month of August spending Friday nights at another VBS), a whole week of exhausting (but totally worth it) camp, maybe family camp, and a zillion cookouts and parties.
Not that I don't enjoy all of those things - in fact, if I were to miss any of them I would be pretty bummed. It's just not much of a chance to relax and prepare for another awful 10 months of school.

Well, thankfully today my siblings got a chance to relax. A dear friend called and asked if they others wanted to go swimming this afternoon. Of course they did!
We rushed through chores and finished most of our schoolwork. After getting permission from Mommers, the rest of the gang joined me on my somewhat frequent visits to our friends' house.
While they splashed and shrieked and stayed (somewhat) cool, I did what I have been doing every once in a while at my friend's house: sewing.
I'm not sewing doll clothes.
I'm not sewing human clothes.
I'm not sewing invisawear. That would be awkward.
I'm sewing a slipcover!

I don't know why, but I don't do things the traditional way. I'll blame my Mommers. She's kinda strange. And that's probably why we're best buddies.
(No. That's not why Elisa and I are friends. We're friends because I'm a creepy weirdo of a person, and she's a gorgeous perfect person. I have confidence in abilities I may or may not have, and she doubts herself. Hanging around me makes sure she feels good about herself. It's a good friendship. ;) lol)
 If you look up tutorials on making slipcovers, you'll get an idea of the work involved.
And if you look up slipcovers for wingback chairs you will know exactly what I am doing. Or am I? 


Like I said, I'm nontraditional. See how they say to cut out the shapes and sew it this way and that way? Well I decided to drop the fabric over the entire chair, pin it into shape, cut here and there, and sew it.
Most of my crazy ideas flop. 
BIG TIME.
But not this one!!!
Five or six more hours of focused, productive time working on that slipcover, and it will be done!!! Providing that the problem areas that I am approaching are kind to me, that is. But most of the details are done...and done right.
Also, unlike most first time projects, I have a seam rip out ratio of 2:15 (something like that, anyway. I've only ripped out 2 or 3). 
I think I broke my record - which was more like 20:1. =)
 I really hope it turns out right. So far so good (knock on wood), but I'm not "out of the woods" yet.

When it's finished, I'll show y'all pics.

For now, how about some water pics to bring fond memories of or feelings of excitement for summer!!!

Water Gun Fights
Making rainbows with the hose
Filling the kiddy pool and watching the bubbles

♥Ramblings♥

 ~Paige





5 comments:

  1. Paige u are a dork. Yeah that's y I hang around u- so I can feel good about myself...Not!!! It's so u stay sane lol. I love u and thank u for doing this for me. Hang in there. School is almost done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes u do help me with my confidence abilities. Thank i very much for that <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The slipcover is insanely attractive, thank you so so much!!

    Miss k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Elisa, I love you! ♥

    Thanks Miss K!

    ReplyDelete