Pages

6.25.2012

Monday Madness And A Little Bit of Birthday Bash!

Two Words.

Monday.
Madness.

All. Day. Long
For everyone, everywhere.
Hope your madness isn't/wasn't too mad!


Today I'm going to do a sort of random post. Wait. Aren't they all? Especially with me writing them!

Are you ready?

Today is the start of a sort of "Birthday Bash" here on the blog. 
I come from a large family. My older sister has a big family. Add in church friends, Facebook friends that you are close to, but don't see often, and a few special close friends, and you've got yourself a whole a passel of birthdays...all year long!

May is like an explosion - I think there is about 2 days average in between all the birthdays. June is MUCH better. I think a whole 5 days elapse in between most...and sometimes more. July...July has a very special person's birthday in it. And that person's gifts will be blogged about as time allows.

For now, I'm going to share with you the VERY BELATED gift I gave to one of my close friends.....a personalized gift card!

One that makes her day (hopefully) awesome, and mine somewhat expensive but mostly exhausting. A good trade for sure.
By somewhat expensive, I mean I'll be spending more than ten bucks...and for a girl whose "spending envelope" is pretty empty, that means expensive. 
Maybe it's an emergency....that envelope is less empty......lol.

My very dear, gorgeous, friend, Lizzy's birthday was several weeks ago.

I planned my gift a whole month ahead of time, in order to prevent being late.
Guess what?
I was late. By like a month. . . . =/
What's up with that?
If you know, give me a holler. I have done better for gifts the day of, after completely forgetting. So why did I forget, even after relishing the thought for nights on end (the only time I get to "think frivolously" is right before I go to sleep)? Maybe the MIB stole my memory again. I think it's likely.
. . .
Ok, maybe not.
Moving on.
I went to our open office writing program, picked a pretty font, and wrote:
 Birthday Play Date Certificate

This certificate is redeemable for the following:
  •  Hairstyling and make-up (by yours truly)
  • Eating out at Subway
  • You drive us ' all over the place' unless it's a day when my Mom is free (haha, what a gift!)
  • A Photo Shoot of YOU
  • Watching a movie of your choice
  • Stuffing faces with popcorn
  • Digital copies of the day's photos
Maybe you're thinking, "Man, I would like a gift like that," or, "That's awful sweet,". 
Note - if those aren't your thoughts, then you're bad for my ego, and I politely ask you to reconsider your reaction. Thanks. =)

In order to correct your thoughts, I think I'll start by fessin' up.
I wasn't really being sweet. That was an afterthought.
I was being selfish.
For several reasons.
  • I really, really enjoy photographing people. 
  • I adore redheads.
  • I want to photograph all my friends to show them just how very beautiful they are - a personal thing I might share with you some day.
  • I wanted to have a day out
  • Lizzy is awesome
  • Lizzy reads this blog, so I can't tell you the next one or two....hahaha...
Those were my main reasons. =)


I also typed up an accompanying set of notes, which I stuck inside her card. Nothing fancy.
  • This certificate does NOT expire
  • All items do not have to be done at once
  • You pick the day; I'll do my best to work it in
  • Movie and Popcorn can be exchanged for ice cream out, or something similar. I am on a budget for this (Shut-UP, Dave Ramsey!!! lol), but if there is something else you really want, let me know , and I would be happy to try to work it out!
  • If you want we, could do some thrift surfing for the perfect photo shoot outfit a week or more before the photo shoot. (I have suggestions)
  • I would REALLY like to take the pictures in July or August. I have this beautiful vision of what the pictures will look like! And guess what? The gorgeous red-head has your face! And it's simple, so it won't take long to prepare for. I can't wait!  
  • I want you to have an awesome day [with me], so don't hesitate to rule something out or tell me that you would rather not do something. 
  • TIME- I was thinking we would get you ready in the morning, go for lunch, and take pictures in the afternoon. Other ideas? Preferred times?
The gift certificate was cut out and put on some pretty scrapbook paper I've had for a year or two. It was an oversize gift card, but that's cuz there was a lot on it. And the font wasn't conducive to (YES! I've always wanted to say that....) small spaces.

The card was pretty, pink, and had sweet words on it. 
After consulting Robyn, one of Lizzy's closest sisters, about the best way to deliver the gift, I mailed it out.
The next day, Lizzy wrote me.
"I got your card today. I was so excited!!! I will have to start planning when we can get together soon. I didn't expect anything and I'm excited to have fun with you. Also the photo shoot sounds like SO MUCH fun!!!!!!"

♥♥♥ 

Maybe my selfish reasons were sweet after all. =D


Of course I made it proper, and said MISS (Lizzy's full first name here) on the front. I think that was the most exciting part of the envelope. ;-)

I wrote random sayings on the back - random, but chosen carefully. They have meaning.
Ooooo.
What do I mean!?!
Just that. They weren't random craziness, but random awesomeness. lol


As it turns out, Robyn will be joining us and adding to the fun! I'm really looking forward to it!

~Paige





1 comment:

  1. For the record, my birthday is April 4th. :)

    Just kidding

    Miss K

    ReplyDelete