Pages

6.06.2012

God's Promises...the Rainbow

Howdy, Everyone!!!!!!!!
Sorry I haven't blogged yet this week...it's been a very busy weekend. On Saturday our youth group with another church went and played paintball. It was wet, muddy, slightly chilly, but oh so much fun...and yes I came away with some welts and bruises :D

So today I want to talk about something that's been on my mind this past weekend. It may seem sort of random to everyone.

My dad made an interesting statement this week. He said, "I'm going to get the rainbow back."
What did he mean by that?
.
As most of you if not all you who read this know nowadays the rainbow symbolizes gay pride.
However, did you know that the rainbow is actually a promise from God? It's not a symbol for homosexuals, but a symbol for the promises that God gives and keeps.


In Genesis 6 the world was wicked...so wicked, that the Bible says this about mankind: "that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." The Lord then decided that He was going to destroy everything on the face of the earth with a worldwide flood
However, Noah "found grace in the eyes of the Lord."

Noah, finding grace from the Lord, was commanded to build an ark of gopher wood (the famous Noah's Ark).
 After it was built he would gather two of every living creature to bring onto the ark, except for clean beasts and the fowls of the air which he would take seven of.
Noah was able to bring his wife and his three sons and their wives on board the ark with him. Everyone else, though, was killed in the flood. Even though Noah preached to them and told them what was coming, they would not believe.

For forty days and nights it rained and rained and rained. Eventually it was dried enough for Noah and everyone to come out of the ark. The first thing that Noah did after leaving the ark was to build an altar and worship God. God then made a covenant with Noah and everyone else who has lived on the earth afterwards. His covenant was to never destroy the earth again with a flood. The symbol of that covenant is the rainbow.

When I see a rainbow in the sky after it rained it reminds me that God has never broken His promise. To me it's a symbol of all the promises God has made. There is not one promise that He has broken. To me it's a symbol of God's lve and mercy and His promise to watch over us.

So when my dad said he wanted to get the rainbow back, it made me want to also. I challenge you to be proud of the rainbow, to remind people what it's truly about, and to use it as a witnessing tool. The rainbow is not something to be ashamed of or used in sin. It's something to cherish and hold on to. It's one of God's amazing creations that reminds of who exactly God is. He's our Savior and our Creator.
He's our God.

Another thing that should stay with you when you think of the rainbow is that God keeps all of His promises. He will always lve you.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to comment below.
Have a wonderful week and God bless!
~Elisa

*Full story of Noah: Genesis 6-9 KJV*

Ps. Here's a secret about what's coming in our shop soon either this week or the week after next: I will be tying in this blog post to some jewelry that I'm making...a new line called God's Promises Jewelry!
Next week I will be in West Virginia. I know next week is Paige's week to blog. However, you might be seeing a post from me just to show you some pictures of my vacation :D :D

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. nice photos! its just shows Gods promises to us! :) thanks for publishing that kind of photos loved seeing it! :)

    calvaryoakville

    ReplyDelete