Pages

5.05.2012

My Last Day... :'(

I can hardly believe it's been a week already! I've really enjoyed posting - each day was a slightly different challenge and made me do some things I've been just too lazy to get around to lately (like baking).

I'd like to thank each and every one of y'all for reading and commenting - it's been so encouraging to see the numbers in our insights!

I hope that sometime through the week you took time to imagine, make-believe, and enjoy time with your daughter (and her dolls).

Did you make a chocolate cake? I have to say Addy did an awesome job! Even if everything was store-bought (-_-) it was super yummy! ♥

The weather was sunny almost all day long, and the temperature was perfect. I'm rather bummed that I didn't get to go outdoors and enjoy it (especially after such a wet week!), but tomorrow is supposed to be equally as or even more beautiful out - I'll definitely be going outside for awhile! While I hope that you all will read Elisa's first blog post tomorrow, I also hope that you get outside to soak up the sun as well!

I remember when I was younger (haha, I sound so old like that) I used to love going outside just to play. There was no end to the amount of fun I could have, or the amount of torture I could inflict on my brother (Mom and Dad weren't watching me, so I could get away with it - I love those memories!). But as I started to get older, I would become bored. I couldn't accomplish anything useful. Other than occasional yard work, there was nothing to do. Maybe there were things to do, but I didn't want to do them. I just wasn't interested. Even now, I still struggle with those feelings somewhat.

But now, I have no problem going out (unless the bugs are bad) because I can work in *my* garden or tend to the front flower bed, or take a zillion and a half pictures (only 25 or so of which I actually post on Facebook)!!!

However, those things aren't for everyone. Does your child (or children) not want to go outdoors either? Is there nothing to entice them? I'd love to point you to a couple of awesome places for inspiration! I mean, I may be a Junior in highschool, and maybe these things are meant for younger peoples, but I would love to participate in them myself! (even if it's only to photograph everyone....lol).

Since today is the 5th of May, I'll share 5 (inexpensive) ideas that you can do with your kids outside.


A simple, basic thing that every kid loves to do is blow bubbles, right? Well dumping the bubbles all over the lawn seems to go hand in hand with bubble blowing, especially among the younger kids. Here is a link for homemade bubble refills, but the original blog post for it is
actually here. 



















If you go with blowing bubbles into the sunset (one of my personal faves) you will, of course, want a special bubble blower.

















Maybe you would like to have a little friendly family competition - I think these balloon cars would be the perfect vehicles for fun!














Maybe it's already super hot where you live, and you plan to do something to keep cool. Try these wet sponge balls!

















The last and final idea for outdoors fun this weekend is perfect for places where there has been a lot of rain (like here!). When I was a few feet shorter, and we lived someplace else, the road in front of our house would flood after a day or more of rain. I mean, FLOOD. It would go up to my knees! One of my brother's and my favorite things to do after the rain, was pull on our boots, and grab our homemade boats, and do whatever "floats our boat" in the water! If you have big puddles, a pond, a stream, whatever, and you want to float a boat, here is the perfect boat for you!!!



















Hopefully you will do at least one of these activities tomorrow, and enjoy your time outdoors, as a family!

I know I will!

Thanks for the read!

Talk to you in a week or so!

~Paige







No comments:

Post a Comment